Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stymied

It was a slow afternoon at the office so my friend John thought he could steal away to the golf course for a weekday round. He knew he would be a "onesome" and that the golf pro/starter would probably match him with a compatible player. When he arrived at the club the only one waiting to play was an elderly gent and the starter said you are a twosome and have a good round. For three holes they were relatively even when my friend's drive strayed off the fairway and landed behind a tall tree with no view to the green. As he was weighing his options his "partner" finally spoke up and said "Johnny, when I was your age I could clear that tree with a seven iron." John stared at him as he pulled a seven iron from the bag.
 He swung and the ball just caught the top of the tree and fell into the rough. John was livid and challenged his new found partner "I thought you told me you could clear that tree with a seven." The old gent said "But Johnny when I was your age that tree was only six feet tall." Ouch.
tjs
Next - Rotary Club

No comments:

Post a Comment