Thursday, September 18, 2014

FORE!


It was a slow day at the office so my friend John thought he would steal away for a round of golf. He knew he was a "onesome" and that the golf pro would match him in a pairing. On arrival there was only one player waiting - an elderly chap. The starter said "you are it" and started them off. For the first three holes the old man held his own. On the next hole John's drive strayed and landed behind a pine tree obstructing his line to the green. While he was mulling over his options the old fellow finally spoke up - "Johnny, when I was your age I could clear that tree with a seven iron." John stared at him as he pulled out his seven. His swing was clean but his ball caught the top of the tree and fell into the rough. John was livid as he challenged the old boy - "I thought you said you could clear with a seven!"
He replied "But when I was your age that tree was only six feet tall."
tjs

No comments:

Post a Comment