Friday, July 13, 2018

Sweet Tooth



                                                                                                 

The NY Times recently revealed that the Mayor of New York keeps Hershey chocolates in his reception room.  This is akin to Reagan with his jars of jelly beans. The revelation recalled my sales visit to Hershey some years ago. Driving in you could smell the town from miles away. It was summer and I was wearing my straw boater which I deposited on the receptionist's credenza next to her jar of Hershey kisses. After concluding my business upstairs, I prepared to leave, put on my straw hat only to have Kisses wrappers cascade down over my head. Only the receptionist was witness to this embarrassment. Milton Hershey did wonderful things providing schooling for fatherless boys and housing for his workers. Wilbur had their "buds" but Hershey had the "kisses".
tjs

No comments:

Post a Comment