Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Uneasy lies the crown

Jon S. Corzine is in the public eye again in connection with the bankruptcy of his MF Global hedge fund. In his earlier career he was CEO at Goldman Sachs, and Senator from and Governor of the State of New Jersey. The last time he was in the headlines he was speeding up the Garden State Parkway without a safety belt - he the top executive of the state. His appearances before congressional committees have treated him deferentially as a past member of their august body. But he may have more appearances in his future trying to explain the missing customer funds. The only reason I mention him today is that I came across a quotation from him when he was running for the Senate from New Jersey - (the New York Times treated it as the quotation of the day) Quote "I shouldn't have said what I am reported to have said. And if I did, I apologized."unquote. With that kind of perfect syntax and grammar I'm sure he will dazzle the next committee interrogators.
tjs
Next - Pop Goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment