Monday, July 13, 2020

My Tonsorial Parlor





After five months of sheltering in place I could use a haircut lest I be mistaken for one of those old Southern Senators with the flowing locks.
-Forty years ago I was living in New York and looking forward to my wedding when I walked into an upscale salon on Central Park South as a "walkin" and requested a haircut and manicure. Explaining my circumstances, they accommodated me and I was presentable for the upcoming ceremony.
Which reminded me of the man in the barber's chair getting a shave and a manicure. He began to flirt with the manicurist and suggested a "date". She replied "I'll have to ask my husband." He persisted "Why do you have to ask him?" She said "Well, then why don't you ask him yourself, he's shaving you!" I suspect those hot towels must have caused third degree burns.
tjs

No comments:

Post a Comment