Friday, May 10, 2013

The Players


This week the PGA golf tour moves to the Sawgrass Club in Ponte Vedra, Florida near Jacksonville, my home for the last twenty-two years. This is the course with the 17th hole island green which intimidates the best golfers as it requires a 150+ yard drive over water. We used to sit on the adjacent hill with the crowd counting the "plunks" into the water.  My son and I played the course once and I know my ball hit the water - and did not float.  My primary care physician in Jacksonville was the golfers' doctor during Players Week so I knew not to get sick during that week.  He had to treat various maladies and once had to walk eighteen holes with a jittery player. The temperature today is expected to hit 88 Fah. so I guess Doc "Buster" B.  will need plenty of cold towels and liquids for his charges. NBC has the call which means Johnny Miller and his fawning crew. Personally, I prefer the CBS group - who handled the Masters in April.
tjs
Next - TBA (Mon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment