Monday, October 27, 2014

The Indian Game


A few days ago my afternoon nap was disturbed by a thumping on the wall. Thinking it was children on an upper floor I went to investigate. All was quiet. I  then checked the boiler room and basement but found no trace. As I exited the basement door I came face to face with a neighbor wielding a lacrosse stick and flipping a hard rubber ball against the brickwork. We exchanged smiles and he apologized for the disturbance. Seems he was a professional lacrosse player with a local team which was being sold and relocated to Connecticut which meant that any further thumping would be short lived. I then thought about my childhood habit of bouncing a soft pink rubber "spaldeen" off my neighbor's wall and suffered a pang of conscience. In any event, never argue with an athlete wielding a lacrosse stick.
tjs

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete