Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Primarily Political III

I wrote this four months ago. The premise is valid but the outcome may need to be tweaked.

Like many observers of the political scene I have my own theories of the G.O.P. nominating process. While some States' primaries are winner take all, many of the March 2016 primaries are "proportional" meaning that several candidates will come away with pockets of delegates, no one of which will have enough to put him/her over the top, thereby resulting in an old fashioned "brokered" convention minus the smoke filled rooms. I have two theories on the outcome:
No. 1 - After multiple ballots with no winner the elder statesmen in the back room will wheel out Mitt Romney to unite and save the party.
No. 2 - In a magnanimous gesture Donald Trump will offer his delegates to Ted Cruz which will put him over the top making Trump a kingmaker, a role more to his liking than having the headaches of the Presidency.
I am placing my theories in a mason jar on Funk & Wagnall's porch to be opened on July 18, 2016 when the fireworks begin in Cleveland.
tjs

No comments:

Post a Comment