Friday, November 10, 2017

On Aging.


The Julian calendar on the wall reminds me that tomorrow 11-11 I will reach my eighty-eighth year or as my golfer son might call it (88) a double-snowman. I try to keep sharp with the blog and the crossword puzzles. An old sea captain once told me he carries an envelope in his jacket and when he feels he is slipping he opens it - the contents read "Port is left - Starboard is right" - and that keeps him on an even keel. My solution would be to play Billy Joel's "Piano Man" - the instrument with 88 keys - (52 white - 36 black) if you're counting.
tjs

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! My mother's birthday is 11/11 as well. Armistice Day. She'd be 99 tomorrow. 88. The same number forwards and backwards, and upside down. It's special. They all are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, dear friend. God bless you with much health, peace and love. Best regards from Brasil.

    ReplyDelete