Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Piling On





The flight home from Helsinki was long and against the wind - the wind of negative reviews even from friendly networks. Yesterday POTUS was persuaded to face the cameras for some damage control. The planet tilted as I heard him say "I mis-spoke!" he said he used the word "would" when he meant "wouldn't" - and this grammarian with the fifth grade vocabulary actually said "it was sort of a double negative"!!
Next can we expect him to conjugate a Latin verb?
After all he did go to the Wharton School and his uncle taught at M.I.T. But I keep thinking of that old comedian who once said "the words got caught in my eye teeth and I couldn't see what I was saying." Perhaps Betsy DeVos can send him a tutor.
tjs

1 comment:

  1. And his sister is a Federal judge. He did say "sort of" a double negative. That's just 5 points off.

    ReplyDelete