Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Airline Seating

While I do not do much traveling anymore, this last year has been more active than normal a/c moving our residence. But no matter when I seek a boarding pass I always end up in Zone Four. So I began to observe the boarding agent's preferential call, which went as follows:
1- All first class passengers may board now.
2 - All passengers with children may now board.
3 - Any passengers with special needs may now board.
4 - Now our elite passengers.
5 - And we can now board our premium and platinum passengers
6 - Next, all frequent fliers may now board.
7 - O.K. you in Zone Four - good luck with an overhead bin.

As we used to say in New York, "What am I, chopped liver? Apparently so!

Some carriers have inaugurated a  NEW service so-called Premium Economy which for a fee they will give you a seat with an extra four to six inches of leg room - this to avoid leg cramps.
Cunard Line used to say "Getting there is half the fun.!" - but that was on the water - not in the air. 
tjs
PS - Yesterday was the first day of spring - it was also election day in Illinois - a friend of mine who lived in DuPage County Illinois told me he wanted to die in Cook County, Illinois so he could remain active in politics.
Next - I'm Confused.

1 comment:

  1. TJ, I didn't know you had a blog. Good to see you in good shape. Missing you. All the best from one (of many) friend you have in Brazil.
    Wilson Roque

    ReplyDelete