Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Super Tuesday

The waitress at my favorite restaurant when reciting the menu always offered me "super salad". I had to ask for a translation. Now we have Super Tuesday a few months after the Super Bowl so our world is being bombarded with superlatives. We just moved into an apartment and the first person I met was the "super". Personally, I hope the GOP goes all the way to the convention. Tampa in late August can get pretty hot and picture those thousands of media folks in a big "tent". Years ago Mama did the wash on Monday and the ironing on Tuesday which I'm sure she didn't think was a "super" idea. I can handle casual Friday, chore-ful Saturday and prayer-ful Sunday but somehow Tuesday doesn't hack it as being "super" (small s).
tjs
Next - Downsizing

1 comment:

  1. Good post. In the newsroom today, Super Tuesday feels like a big holiday!

    ReplyDelete