Monday, April 29, 2013

Caveat Emptor


Sorry to start the week with a Rooney Rant on a rainy Monday.  My primary credit card is with a prominent national bank. A few months ago I received a letter from them which I will paraphrase ....."We have reason to believe that some of our secure files have been penetrated and it is possible that your confidential information may be at risk. Accordingly, to protect your privacy we have cancelled your present card and issued a new one. Please accept our apologies etc. etc."  One might expect that this switch would be seamless but I found too late that I the user - i.e. the "customer" - must notify all the vendors who have been billing my card electronically. Some vendors, when rejected by the bank, surface quickly to remedy the situation - but another vendor just cut off service without a contact. The lack of customer care was appalling. Add to this the "mickey mouse" ATM charges and the exorbitant credit card interest rates - all of which make for an irritated consumer. But please don't let it spoil your day.
tjs
Next - Monopoly

No comments:

Post a Comment