Monday, November 11, 2013

Zodiac Sign


Today, as I turn another page in the book of life, I find myself surrounded by a cyclone of Scorpios, including my daughter-in-law, Godchild and my personal physician who opined that we both being fellow Scorpios may explain why we get along so well. But I can't fail to include my late father-in-law whose centenary of his birth is today - we shared eleven-eleven. He was a man of great integrity. In his professional life he was a CPA and tax accountant and you could take his numbers to the bank. In his family life he educated his five daughters which was not a common practice of the day. He was a very thoughtful man and graciously welcomed me into his family. In his later years I grew to appreciate his views on life and sought his opinions on sundry subjects. My Irish grandmother might have described him as "a man you won't meet every day." John, I hope you will save me a seat behind the Pearly Gates - but not too soon.
tjs

No comments:

Post a Comment