Thursday, January 15, 2015

Potpourri 2015-1



A statistical blogger alleges that 15% of all New York cab drivers have the first name Muhammad or variations of the spelling. It isn't often that cabbies introduce themselves to me so I wouldn't know. Just so they can navigate Times Square, keep their hands on the wheel and not their cellphone and silence the radio, I would be contented. If they ask me how to get to Carnegie Hall all bets are off.

N.J. Gov. Chris Christie has had a bad week. The Dallas Cowboys lost, Mercedes Benz is leaving for Georgia with 1000 jobs and he adopted a defensive crouch at the recent State of the State speech. Yesterday found him in South Carolina the home of the Appalachian Trail hiker. I doubt he was there for a workout but the "trail" does run thru three New Jersey Counties.

Police in Ohio have accused a bartender at a swank country club of trying to poison the Speaker of the House. I thought that his mid-winter "tone" came from a tanning salon but apparently someone has been spiking his bourbon. They can't beat him at the polls so they are trying to beat him at the bar.
tjs



No comments:

Post a Comment