Friday, July 29, 2011

Round Table Wit

"a cat hospital where they charged $4. a weak purr." - George S. Kaufman


"How do you look when I'm sober?" - Ring Lardner

"You may lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think."- Dorothy Parker

"Repartee is what you wish you'd said." - Heywood Broun

"I do most of my work sitting down. That's where I shine." - Robert Benchley

"Big Wars are very costly to the losers." - Franklin P. Adams quoting the Herald Tribune.

tjs (Note - the table pictured here is not THE Round Table)

Today marks nine months since my first posting October 29, 2010. Since that is the normal gestation period I hope I have "delivered". I have tried to comment on the passing parade and life as I witness it.
I hope I might have brightened your day in some small way.
Next - A Matter of Style (Mon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment