Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans' Day

Today 11-11-11 is Veterans' Day - formerly known as Armistice Day after WWI - it is a Federal Holiday.
It is also my birthday. I told someone I was turning 82 but if I really turned 82 I would be 28 and that is the age of my son which makes it awkward for sure. There was a character in the "Lil Abner" comic strip - it might have been Marryin Sam  - who used to say "It's amusin but confusin!" And then I recalled an old song title "I'm my own grandpa". But my biggest fear is that the candle power on the cake will set off the fire sprinkler system and dampen the party. Anyway, here's to Scorpios all  - and Happy Birthday to me! (Forget about 9-9-9 - think about 11-11-11 - and let's salute and  honor our Veterans of all wars.)
tjs
Next - Wall Street Humor

No comments:

Post a Comment