Thursday, July 26, 2012

Modern Marketers


Recently I wrote of my foray into the market seeking butter and eggs in the dairy department of a local store only to be told that the eggs were now over with the bacon. This week I visited Trader Joe's looking for basil with the other herbs. I saw sage, rosemary and thyme but no basil. A courteous crew person enlightened me that the basil was located with the tomatoes. Now the song writer Sammy Cahn told us that "love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage" but these modern marketers are creating their own combinations. We seniors need to get with it I guess. I'm waiting for them to locate the mozzarella with the tomatoes in the event you don't find it with the cheese.
tjs
Next - Golf Story

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are going to Trader Joe's. They might hide the basil from you, but they have so much delicious stuff! Have you tried the arugula frozen pizza yet?

    ReplyDelete