Friday, March 15, 2013

Human Resources


After 550 postings please excuse if I repeat myself. At my previous employer, Human Resources (H.R.), was run by a sensitive and competent woman who had a penchant for role playing. Each year we had a session on "sexual harassment in the workplace" - mandatory attendance -  and each year she selected me to act the role of harasser - I began to get a complex but finally figured it was because of that Lt. Colombo raincoat I wore that she thought I would make a good "perp". One evening, after a maritime function, she and her colleagues gathered at a local watering hole that had a billiard table in the rear. Someone challenged her to a game of eight ball. She chalked her cue and proceeded to clean the table. Growing up we would have attributed her proficiency to a "misspent youth." I told my friends that if you ever challenged her to a game of billiards - "You've got trouble, my friend, with a capital T and that rhymes with P -and that stands for POOL."
tjs
Next  -Perhaps Wed. after a long St. Patty's Day weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. 550 posts. I really enjoy the flavor of your life. Please keep posting!

    ReplyDelete