Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Bluebird - UPDATED


In August 2011, in order to extend my outreach in social media, my son suggested that I sign up with a group who has a bluebird for logo. But I learned that they only allow 140 characters per message and it takes me that long just to clear my throat. Anyway, I applied and they issued me what they called a "hashtag" as an I.D. and I dispatched my first and only phrase "What hath God wrought?" Nothing like being original! But the I.D. read"tjsmith27" insinuating that there were twenty-six other "TJs" roaming the blogosphere.  This was a jarring realization and spoke to a cloning operation. By and by, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI began using this system but apparently he was not concerned for the previous XV Benedicts "lying" around out there. Anyway, after "breaking my maiden" in August 2011 my bird has been silent. In 1934 Cole Porter wrote the lyrics for the Broadway show "Anything Goes." One song that never made it up the charts was "Be Like the Bluebird" (you might catch it on YouTube).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGFz7q6AEpY

 I have the CD of Cole himself singing this in his squeaky voice at the piano. The last line goes "Tweet, tweet - tra-la, tra-la, tra-la."
tjs
Next - The BIG U Revisited

No comments:

Post a Comment