Monday, July 22, 2013

Rooney Rant


Notwithstanding the flurry of hand held electronic devices, there are still some households with TV sets - each equipped with that marvelous invention - "The Remote" - whoever controls the remote, controls the world! And then there is the "mute" button with its magnetic attraction. Now, I don't know about you, but I have had it up to here (here being my eyeballs) with the incessant recitation of medical side effects i.e. nausea, dizziness, sexual dysfunction - and how about constipation OR diarrhea - there's an option for you.  It almost makes one yearn for a beer commercial.  As I harken back to the big bad 1960s there were no medical alerts when Don Draper cajoled you to smoke that smooooth cigarette - particularly when seventy percent of doctors were using that brand. And the little bellhop walking thru the hotel lobby calling you to try his brand. The siren lure of the Lorelei!
I recall one tobacco brand's motto "Not a cough in a carload!" And on it went. Ah, but no side effects pounded into the eardrums.  Now the lawyers are running the institution - but please don't take my remote away.
tjs
Next - TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment