Friday, October 18, 2013

Trick or Treat


In over 650 postings I have refrained from waxing political -but recent events have pushed me over the edge. I just heard that the most popular Halloween mask this year will be that of the junior Senator from Texas. I must admit he does have an uncanny facial resemblance to the Occupy Wall Street harlequin. Those masks must be in abundant supply.
And the former part time governor of Alaska has considered the government shutdown to be an impeachable offense. Once upon a time there was a former congressman from Georgia who thought that Monica Lewinsky was an impeachable offense  - a "high crime and misdemeanor" - we know how far that went. It looks like we are afloat until the next crisis - but I did receive my S.S. check this week and it didn't bounce. Are better days ahead?
tjs

No comments:

Post a Comment