Thursday, February 12, 2015

All Aboard!



Google Maps is celebrating its tenth anniversary. One of its features is to orient you when exiting a subway stairwell by the use of a compass on the screen. Another not well known feature is to alert you to the last train to your destination. Some have nicknamed it the "drunk train" which I find offensive as I have found myself on the 1:20 AM "milk train" from Grand Central Station to Hastings-on-Hudson on more than one occasion. On a late winter ride the car's heater lulled me to sleep and I rode past my station only awaking at Dobbs Ferry. The walk back thru the snow in the early morning air was "bracing" and you could also consider it "sobering" if that was what was required.
tjs

1 comment:

  1. I vividly remember walking back to my ship thru the snow . . . Not fun!

    ReplyDelete