Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Potpourri 2015-III


Quote of the week: "Lust is no crime!" - uttered by the French attorney for that infamous French economist D.S.K. who admits to a libertine lifestyle but objected to being characterized as a "regular" attendee at those "parties" as he stated he was so busy with world affairs that he could only attend four times a year - sort of a quarterly rendezvous.

The maker of Red Bull energy drinks is challenging a Virginia craft brewery's use of the word "ox" in its brand name - arguing that an ox and a bull are "virtually indistinguishable to most consumers." And the Old Ox Brewery countered with "You are a big Red Bully." I guess it depends on whose ox is gored.

"Tell me a fact and I'll learn - tell me a truth and I'll believe - but tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever." The late Ed Sabol, founder of NFL films.
tjs


2 comments:

  1. Mr Smith,
    I had told you before my father sailed with US lines. He and Ernie Koran were very good friends. I just read Capt Thomas Henry book Next Voyage Will Be Different. It was a great book. I'm reading yours next. Im reading yours next. I'm an old seafarer myself and enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin - Thanks for your readership - you will find Ernie Koran in my book re his two voyages into Cuba in 1963. regards. tjs

      Delete