Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Rumble Seat



As a child growing up in the 1930s there were not many autos on our block. But our neighbor next door owned a Ford Model A coupe with a "rumble seat" and one Sunday he piled me and my brother into the rumble seat for an afternoon spin. With the wind in your hair - and no communication with the driver - it was more fun than being at an amusement park. The Model A last built in 1932 was offered in four colors which contrasts with the earlier Model T which Henry Ford offered in one color - Black.
tjs

1 comment:

  1. Although I was born in the mid-1940s, I also had a neighbor who owned a Model A. His son was a good friend and we took several rides on the rumble seat. This could be the reason I love motorcycles? Wind in the hair, learned on a Ford Model A?

    ReplyDelete