Thursday, March 5, 2015

Potpourri 2015-VI


The month of March has become so busy what with St. Patty's Day and the March Madness that the Final Four has fallen into April.  Perhaps losing that hour this weekend may have affected the problem.

The other day I saw my first robin redbreast pecking around in the snow - it was February 28th. All nesting material was still under cover. Don't know who sent him/her north so early but perhaps - like Humphrey Bogart - he was misinformed.

As I walked down the sidewalk on an errand I passed a man standing against the wall speaking on his cellphone. I could just pick up a snippet of his conversation i.e. "So you won't have to pay any alimony." On my return he was still on his phone and I was tempted to ask him for directions or borrow a match but I thought better of it. He seemed to have his plate full.
tjs


No comments:

Post a Comment