Monday, March 2, 2015

Potpourri V

March came in yesterday like an angry, roaring lion with nary a bleating lamb in sight. The recent weather pattern has even confused our four legged friends. But not as much as they might be confused this weekend when we spring forward with our clocks. The creatures who normally crossed the road at 0600 will encounter motorists who think it is 0700 and you know the rest. Having lived in Florida I know that those armadillos don't move too fast. Watch out for that deer in the headlights.

The recent spate of cold weather has had me cooped up so that I could not visit my barber. To quote the Old Vaudevillian "I had better get a haircut or buy a violin."
I hope my Jewish friends will appreciate the New Yorker cartoon depicting a gentleman in a large black felt hat on his cellphone saying "If you need anything from me I will be available 24/6."
tjs

No comments:

Post a Comment