Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Salt & Pepper


After twenty years in Florida patronizing unisex hair salons I am back in Penna. and decided to try an old fashioned barber shop (not shoppe) once again. Andre was born in Sicily and has been cutting hair for forty years. He has a bare bones tonsorial parlor - very masculine - lots of talcum powder but no witch hazel - I used to love the aroma of witch hazel. I asked him to pluck out the salt and leave the pepper. He did the best he could. Anyway, he has me properly groomed and as the father of the groom I will emulate Dean Martin who sang "I'm goin' to Houston, Houston, Houston."
See you in a week.
tjs

1 comment:

  1. Yo' Doctor! Great to see you still pumping out the cerebrum! I just stumbled across your blog in my Favorites; Jeff L. had given me. So you're back in Philly? Hope it suits you well. In your spare time be sure to visit the Ceramic Magic Garden of Isaiah Zagar on South St near 6th, a favorite of my artist-wife Kate. I'll be working in PENN next week, staying in H-field with my 92 yr old Mom - what a blessing is that! You take care TJ..........Kenny Rouh

    ReplyDelete