Thursday, May 17, 2012

Snooze, you lose.


Flash! The Roger Clemens perjury trial is dragging on into its fifth week and the judge just dismissed two jurors for falling asleep. He then admonished the rest of the jurors to "Stay alert. We don't want to lose anybody else." He even provided free coffee in the jury room. I don't believe they are dozing at the John Edwards trial in North Carolina which is also plodding along.  The difference? perjury versus politics and sex. On my only call to jury duty I wore a three piece suit and was summarily rejected by the defense counsel. I normally don't handle rejection well, but they were only paying $20. per day so I ate my brown bag lunch and went home. But I felt I could have stayed awake.
tjs
Next - Follow the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment