Friday, September 14, 2012

Potpourri V


The comedienne Phyllis Diller died recently at age 95. She once said she stayed on the pill until 90 because she didn't want any more grandchildren.  Early in her career when on Groucho Marx show she commented that she had worn her wedding ring for eighteen years. Groucho replied "Two more payments and you'll own it." I never recall her getting bleeped.

I recently learned a new "word" - Q-TIP - a female family member has a beautiful white head of hair.
She calls herself a Q-TIP. As my pepper turns to salt I will soon join that membership of white heads.

I am fond of the limericks of Ogden Nash - and his puns may cause your teeth to gnash. I would like to share his "work" on a week to week basis - perhaps in the area of the Friday Funnies.
tjs
Next - Beach Wedding (Mon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment