Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bowled Over


Not having seen the New Yorker's latest cartoons I can only nominate as cartoon of the week "Bibi's Bomb", the one with the curly pigtail as a fuse. It resembles my old twelve pound bowling ball, the one with the three holes. In my prime I carried a 150 average - which with perfection considered as 300 - that meant I only "scored" fifty percent of the time - but at least higher than those 47% of the masses. My bowling career took place prior to automatic pinsetters. We had live pinboys in the pits and if you didn't play at a pace to suit them, they would bang the pins against the wall which was both intimidating and unnerving, which might have been Bibi's intention with his artwork. At least he didn't draw us a mushroom cloud. So, using  the jargon of the "alleys" I can only say "Bibi, don't STRIKE - SPARE us,!"
tjs
Next - Amnesty II

No comments:

Post a Comment