Thursday, October 18, 2012

W-Hole Foods


I must confess I never worked in a bakery - I guess I never kneaded the dough. Since we moved back north we have grown fond of Trader Joe's  Tuscan Pane bread even with its slight aeration. But this week they have outdone themselves with ventilation. I guess every baker is entitled to a bad day once in a while. But as the Kingfish used to say "Holey Mackerel, Andy!"  Years ago they used to say "don't buy a new car  that was made on a Monday." It was called the Lordstown Syndrome after a factory in Ohio.  You baseball fans of a certain age may have heard of the Blacksox scandal - it was 1919 and the best player involved was Shoeless Joe Jackson.
Little boys were heard crying "Say it isn't so, Joe." But the game recovered and I will continue patronizing Trader JOE - but I might just scale the loaf after a little squeeze.
tjs
Next - Gnashing of Teeth IV

No comments:

Post a Comment