Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Big Loser


A family member has suggested that we hold a weight loss contest during Lent. Due to my age I will exempt myself from such activity. But a skeptic thought that everyone would cheat.  My questions would be : are we weighing in dressed or undressed? and what about the difference in scales, etc. I'm sure civility will prevail and we will have a winner - or loser - on Easter Sunday.
The down side to weight loss is you may need a new wardrobe. It is said that the comedian Jackie Gleason traveled with three wardrobes - portly - extra large - and humungus - all depending on what he might be binging on. He did have wild fluctuations of weight. He played the role of Minnesota Fats in the movie The Hustler (1961) It was alleged that his tailor was Omar the Tent Maker.
tjs
Next - Back Home Again

No comments:

Post a Comment