Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Travel Tips


I read where New York City is removing all the "DO NOT HONK" signs from all the poles in the city. The fine for honking was $350. but hardly ever enforced. These signs are a relic of Mayor Ed Koch's administration circa  mid 1980s. So, is the city admitting defeat? Every cabbie in Manhattan thinks it is their birthright to blow that horn - and they do it even to move up in a taxi line. I lived in Jacksonville, Florida for 22 years and we drivers never blew horns - although there was a lot of tailgating. My suspicion is that the city wants the vacated space on the poles to erect some other "DO NOT" sign. Stay tuned.

Travel - I Read where the Imperial Hotel in Vienna will iron your newspaper so you can avoid getting ink on your hands. And I thought the print newspaper was dying out!

Read where airline etiquette dictates that the middle seat in three across coach has "dibs" on both armrests in the down position - lest you do some arm wrestling with your neighbor.

Also that the TSA has just recently permitted  snow globes in carry-on bags. I never knew they were taboo.
tjs
Next - Grand Central

No comments:

Post a Comment