Friday, February 8, 2013

Potpourri XIV


After 22 years in Florida I now have to relearn how to parallel park.

Also, I now have to deal with snow again. I have noticed one of my neighbors - with snow approaching - will extend his windshield wipers at ninety degrees perpendicular to windshield to prevent them from freezing to the glass surface. He drives a Saab so I guess that's how they do it in Sweden.

Quote of the week - The late mayor Ed Koch once said "When I leave Manhattan I get the bends."

They are predicting a strong northeaster storm tonight, Friday - with heavy rain and snow. I thought the groundhog told us to expect an early spring.

Sunday, February 10th, ushers in the Chinese New Year - 2013 is the year of the Snake. The symbolic animal is believed to impart certain characteristics on those born during that year. No further comment.
tjs
Next - TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment