Monday, April 27, 2015

A Rare Rear View

If you are driving in Europe this summer you had better be on your best behavior in Finland. These folks have a unique method of punishing speeders i.e. the fine is based on your income. They check the tax department and assess accordingly. A millionaire caught driving 64 mph in a 50 mph zone was charged eight days pay or about $58,000. - the price of a new Mercedes. On my last - and final - drive thru Virginia the constable clocked me at 82 mph and threw the book at me. As a senior on Social Security I might have preferred the Finnish system but he didn't give me the option. Besides he saw my Florida plates.
tjs
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/26/world/europe/speeding-in-finland-can-cost-a-fortune-if-you-already-have-one.html?_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment