Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What's in a Name?

I have recently learned that a long time friend was using a pseudonym on Facebook which I presume is not unusual on social media. With my surname I often have had problems at restaurants and motels. The restaurants give my table away and the motels pose another problem. So on rare occasions I have also used this ploy. My address in New York was One David Lane so it was amusing to hear David Lane paged in the restaurant - and with the possibility of a neighbor being in the establishment. On one occasion I used my
father-in-law's name at the old Tavern on the Green in Central Park. As I approached the maitre'd desk being jostled by the locals I drew a blank. Reading his book upside down I recognized my "name" and all was well.
tjs

No comments:

Post a Comment