Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Best Man

The Best Man is the one person who must remain sober at any wedding reception. Some of the duties of this position are: safeguard the rings, give a coherent and intelligible toast, dance with the elders, be custodian of all the envelopes, arrange transportation, airline tickets, baggage, hotels etc. When my brother married I was best man. His wedding reception was in a prominent hotel in Philadelphia. To avoid pranks he told his friends they would be spending the night in New Jersey but he booked a room at the reception hotel. During the festivities I checked the bridal suite to make sure it was made up, etc. The bags were there but there was one problem: there were twin beds. I hastily called the hotel manager to remind him that his guests were newlyweds and he moved the bridal party into another room. As I am a type ESFJ I am conscious of detail and I am glad I could catch the hotel gaffe but I never told the groom. Take heed any of you designated to perform this important function.
tjs
Next - Expressions of Surprise

1 comment:

  1. This is a funny story I haven't heard before. I hope Gerry's Best Men can handle the responsibility. But I don't want them to remain sober!

    ReplyDelete