Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Frugality

We seniors have learned to navigate restaurant menus to ascertain the conditions for the early bird specials and which entrees are good for the heart. I once had a commuter complain to me about all the seniors on the road around 5PM tying up commuter traffic. I remained silent. A retired couple went into their favorite diner for breakfast and the following exchange ensued between wife (W) and server (S)
W - I'd like the $2.99 special -two eggs -bacon & fries but I don't want the eggs.
S - Then I'll have to charge you ala carte $3.99.
W - O.K. then I'll have the special.
S - How would you like your eggs?
W - Uncooked, uncracked in a bowl - I'll take them home and bake a cake.
Nobody ever said we weren't a frugal lot.
tjs
Next - Scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment