Monday, August 27, 2012

A Gaggle of Geese


Forty plus years ago I set out to furnish my first studio apartment.  One tasteful item that caught my fancy was a low slung black leather chair from the Scandinavian shop - that came with cushions stuffed with goose down. It has survived the years and four residence moves. Our black Scottie dog liked to recline on it and one night at dusk I actually sat on her. But the cushions lost their "puff" and I went to an upholsterer who said he could replenish the goose down for a reasonable fee. Now I had read that goose liver was banned in California and I wondered whether my new geese were flying in under the radar. In any event I agreed to proceed with the deal. But it recalled that riddle offered by the Old Comedian - "How do you get down from a horse?"
tjs
Next - Tense, Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment