Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Tonsorial Parlor


As I gazed in the mirror this morning I noticed the tresses getting longer and the salt exceeding the pepper and I recalled the words of that Old Comedian -"I had better get a haircut or buy a violin." Since I lacked the musical aptitude I opted for the former. As I entered Andre's one chair establishment I found myself on the wait list which allowed me time to catch up on last year's periodicals. Andre is a native of Italy and a soccer enthusiast and as we discussed the exciting matches of the recent Olympics his scissor movement accelerated as both salt and pepper hit the floor. Exiting thus shorn I did look and feel younger with a little pep in my step. But I still miss the aroma of witch hazel.
tjs
Next - TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment