Friday, August 3, 2012

Potpourri


The elderly lady in front of me at the gas station was having her car serviced and needed it back by 2PM - she said to the attendant "Don't think I'm shouting at you - but I'm not wearing my hearing aid. It's in my purse - if you talk to my purse it can hear you plainly." And then she was out the door.....

Quote of the week - "I fought Sugar Ray Robinson so many times it's a wonder I don't have diabetes." - Jake LaMotta - age 90. Jake has been starring in a two week Off Broadway performance about himself which closed last Sunday. When asked what he does when not on stage he remarked "I play solitaire  - and wait for something to happen." His soon to be seventh wife won't let him smoke in the apartment so he sneaks a Marlboro and blows the smoke out the window while dipping the ashes in a small bowl of water. I watched many of his fights on TV in the 1950s - it's amazing that he can still act on the stage.
tjs
Next - The Great Generation

No comments:

Post a Comment