Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Changing of the Guard II

We are still in the upper room at Old Bookbinders - the decibels are rising - and I have to introduce the new man to the Philadelphia steamship community. His name is Cletus K. - he is coming in to Philadelphia from Pittsburgh where he was our Sales Mgr. - I heard that he is a raconteur of note but I have very little bio on him - so as I hand him the microphone he addresses this room full of strangers as follows:
"I have heard a lot about Old Bookbinders - I understand that in the bar their martinis are so dry that in the mens room, instead of urinals they have dust pans." The room erupted and Cletus had passed the test and made his bones in Philadelphia.
(I like these two stories because they are portable and transferable to any campus or watering hole of your choice.)
tjs
Next - The Seasons

1 comment:

  1. I had to Google "Old Bookbinders" bc I thought it was just called "Bookbinders" and "Old Original Bookbinders" came up.

    ReplyDelete