Friday, March 25, 2011

The Martini

With apologies to those of you who are observing Lent and abstaining, herewith my humble offering at Friday humor...................... About this cocktail, Ogden Nash one of my favorite punster poets wrote as follows:
- There is something about a Martini, an aura delightfully pleasant -
  A yellow, a mellow Martini - I wish that I had one at present -
  There is something about a Martini, ere the dining and dancing begin -
  But to tell you the truth - it is not the vermouth - I think that perhaps it's the Gin.

And Dorothy Parker, she of the acerbic wit, wrote of it as follows:
-"I like a Martini - one or two at most - with three I'm under the table -
  with four I'm under the host."Oops!
tjs
Next - Elocution (Mon.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying the pictures with the posts. That Dorothy Parker quote is hilarious. Gerry made a delicious kamikaze cocktail last night -- equal parts vodka, triple sec and lime juice -- as we admired our new painting. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Martini,
    Two Martinis,
    three Martinis,
    Floor.

    ReplyDelete