Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tombstone


On my frequent visits home to Philadelphia I try to visit the family burial plot. The last time I drove in I parked in the general area and walked between the graves looking for our plot. I came across a tomb stone with a friend's name on it - but I had just talked to him the previous day - and I did a double-take.
It showed his birth year but, thankfully, not a deceased year. I called him again to tell him of my finding.
 He had buried his wife a few years before and decided to have both names engraved at the same time. I am all for economy but I was going to accuse him of getting a two-fer. I think he wanted to make sure his name was spelled correctly when he wouldn't be around. And he being an accountant probably felt he was paying by the letter. One thing I am sure of - it is very quiet in the cemetery.
tjs
Next - All Fools Day

No comments:

Post a Comment