Monday, June 4, 2012

Deja vu again


What is so rare as a day in June ? Weddings, graduations, lots of daylight and Father's Day just around the corner. But then  the planet shifted on its axis - the Stock Market tanked - wiped out five months of gains in one day - June 1st. Then my publisher informed me that my VISA cards were invalid - the same cards they readily accepted one year ago. The same day I visited my friendly banker to pick up some "register" folders - the kind that fit in your checkbook. They come with a three year calendar page to assist you in planning cash flow, etc. When I returned home I discovered the calendar page was for the years 2006-2007-2008. Didja ever try to get these folks on the telly? My first attempt landed me at a call center in West Virginia - at the bottom of a mine.  The next effort put me in New England. I just wanted a couple of "registers" but found myself in a time warp - turning back the clock six years. Perhaps the bank was in denial - after all 2006 was way before our financial crisis of September 2008.
Too big to fail but not above lulling me into complacency. Yes, it was a rare day in June. Andy Rooney where are you?
tjs
Next -My brother's keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment