Friday, June 22, 2012

Milestone


The Google scorekeeper tells me that this is my 400th published posting. And I am speechless! I always said that if I had nothing to say I would say it with as few words as possible. If you observe members of Congress during a hearing you will note the junior members sit at the end of the dais and eagerly await their five minutes on the CSPAN camera. Most times they really have nothing to say so they thank the Chairman for holding the hearing, mention their home town and usually say something like "and I reserve the balance of my time." But 400 postings! I want to thank you readers for your steadfast loyalty over these past twenty months. Bob Hope's theme song "Thanks for the memory" contains the following lyric:
-And thanks for the memory - of sunburns at the shore - nights in Singapore -
-you might have been a headache but you never were a bore - so thank you so much! unquote.
May I never prove boring as I reach for the 500 level. And if my inkwell doesn't go dry.
tjs
Next -The Automat
(Comments and feedback are always welcome here and on Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment