Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day


My Father's Day started with a trip to Starbucks where the barista wished me a "Happy Father's Day" then on the way home a woman I did not know wished me the same. And after Mass the priest asked all grandfathers, fathers and godfathers to remain standing for a special blessing. In thirty-one years of fathering and godfathering no one had ever offered me such. But the highlight of my weekend was a surprise visit from my son down from New York and we bonded while watching the U.S. Open. I hope all you fathers out there had a similar pleasure filled day particularly if strange women greeted you on the street, in elevators, on the subway or wherever.
tjs
PS - Today celebrates the Summer Solstice - the longest day - let the sunshine in!
Next - No Free Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment