Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Gotcha Moment


My first telephone had a dial on it - it was black - just like all Henry Ford's first Model Ts. My first television was a 12 inch black & white set - I still do not have a flat one. My first computer was a "dial up" with browser and mouse. You might call me an "old fogey". Since relocating to Pennsylvania I have now been updated with various bells and whistles which my "provider" describes as "bundling." Now after being induced or seduced the rules of engagement are being changed. My provider announced that henceforth all "disputes" will be handled through arbitration or small claims court. Somehow I cannot conceive of any dispute with my electronics provider that will land me in small claims court - perhaps with Judge Judy on the bench and me having to wear a tie and jacket. I'm sure that Andy Rooney would air his views on this if he were here. And I feel sure the FCC has more important things on their plate. Is it Catch 22 or just pure "gotcha"? Or more like "My way or the highway!" But excuse me, my iPhone is ringing.
tjs
Next - Agronomy

No comments:

Post a Comment