Friday, June 8, 2012

Support our Sisters


S.O.S. - Yesterday it was Save our Ship - today it stands for "Support our Sisters." I was distressed to see the good religious sisters come under criticism from the Church hierarchy.  The Sisters of St. Joseph were instrumental in shaping my formative years. First grade - Sr. Teresa Gertrude - seventy children - 140 galoshes in the cloakroom - Second grade - Sr. Paschall - not more than twenty-one years old - still spending summers going for a degree - third grade Sr. Ann Benedict - Sr. Arsenia had seventh grade and Sr. Jeanne Marie, the top sergeant, had eighth preparing us for high school entrance exams, spelling bees and she even took me on the subway to Gimbels to purchase red slippers for me to wear in a church procession.  Such noble dedicated women now disappearing from the scene. So to show my concern I will take part in a public show of support today, Friday, on some street corner in Philadelphia. Look for me on the six o'clock news - I will be wearing "white" for purity - and hope for no tomato stains.
tjs
Next -Affairs of States (Tues.)

No comments:

Post a Comment